Video Question

For problems with creating games or for reporting bugs of the Tool.
StarLite
An Adventure Creator

Video Question

06 Jan 2010, 20:12

Hello all, I hope everyone had a good Xmas and New Year. Now back at it. Making quite a lot of progress in Roanoke. Managed to get those problems I had solved. I just have a video question though.

I have 2 music videos in the game that are avi files. They play perfectly and in sinc without a problem. But when they end, I get a black screen for a few seconds before the next cutscene starts. It concerns me because people are so impatient and they might start hitting the old Esc button and miss the cutscenes after the videos. What I would like to happen is right after the video the cutscene starts right away without the black screen. Here is the script to start the avi

Code: Select all

playavi(Fallin4U_0001;true)
{
cutscene(After_Vid)
break()
}
Then after the video this is the next script

Code: Select all

loadroom(Farming)
setfocus(Olde Phil1)
playsound(Thunder Rumble;50)
walkto(Mary;26;14;4)
walkto(Olde Phil1;24;14;3)
wait(5)
speech(Mary;Looks like a storms a brewin, we best be getting back;mary_vox_23)
speech(Mary;You can stay at the Shaman's hut for the night;mary_24)
wait(2)
speech(Olde Phil1;I thought I might stay with you)
wait(1)
speech(Mary;I'm very flattered, but that sort of thing is frowned upon around
 here;mary_vox_25)
wait(3)
loadroom(Storm;blend)
setfocus(none)
playsound(storm;50)
setobj(Storm_Obj;1)
wait(6)
setobj(Storm_Obj;2)
wait(4)
{
cutscene(Abduct 1)
break()
}
Everything works fine with the exception of the black screen. I tried the playvideo and moviewait scripts but the video won't even play if I use those scripts. I hope this makes sense as I'm not very good at explaining things. I'm about 5 rooms and 3 puzzles away from finishing this game. So I'm anxious to get rid of it so I can start on my next project. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you :)
StarLite Moon's Creators Haven

http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net

Zimond
Der Engine Papa

07 Jan 2010, 15:08

unfortunatly if video works with your media player it does not mean that it works fine with PaC-DK. As a standard Videoformat i suggest wmv7.

If you don't know how to convert those you can upload your videos to a service like rapidshare and send me a privat message with the links. I can take care of that for you.