Dedicated animations

For problems with creating games or for reporting bugs of the Tool.
Rohan
PaC-DK Newby

Dedicated animations

04 Oct 2009, 21:26

So lets say I have a character that is supposed to set down in a chair. I have a smooth animation of that character going from a standing animation to a setting animation. How do I activate this animation in PACDK, is this even possible? I mean sure I can set one of the characters states to have a "Sit" state, but all that will happen is the character will repeatedly set down and then stand back up, over and over again. I want to be able to click on the chair and if the character is facing the chair, rotate him or her so that his backside is facing the chair, set down and not get up until I say so.
When a man fears for his reputation, he will temporarily humble himself.
-Rohan-

Zimond
Der Engine Papa

05 Oct 2009, 07:05

you can do this by using a second character.

Example : Your characters name is Bob. Bob is a normal walking character. Then you create BobSitting, a character that only has the sitting animation (and an extra animation "sitdown")

What you have to do now is to beam Bob away (into an empty Room for example) and beam BobSitting to your scene (BobSitting must be in game before that... you could put him into that empty room.)

When you want Bob to stand again just repeat this.

Rohan
PaC-DK Newby

05 Oct 2009, 10:06

Wow, that's helpful, but how do I get the character to play the animation "sit" only once and then when I wan't the character to stand a "stand" animation. In other words I dont want the character to just jump from a standing position to a sitting position and then from a sitting position from a standing position. I want the character to actually run through the animation one time, halt and then run a second animation once.
When a man fears for his reputation, he will temporarily humble himself.
-Rohan-