Sliderbar Question

For problems with creating games or for reporting bugs of the Tool.
StarLite
An Adventure Creator

Sliderbar Question

30 Apr 2009, 21:23

Hello everyone. Would someone mind explaining something to me so I can understand what I am doing. I have reached the part of my game where I have to put together a ripped up note. I am using the script from the Sliderbar demo. I think I pretty much got the hang of it but there is just one line I can't seem to figure out. Could someone please explain to me what this line at the end of the blueball script means.

Code: Select all

setnum (bx ; [blueballx] * 61 + 5)
What I need to know is what does * 61 + 5 is for. Thank you in advance

StarLite
StarLite Moon's Creators Haven

http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net

Zimond
Der Engine Papa

01 May 2009, 14:47

61 is the width of one square where you can drop the balls in. The first ball X position is 1x61 +5, the second one is 61 pixel more to the right so 2x61+5.

So these numbers are only useful in the slidebar demo itself. If you have a grid of 5x5 squares for example it should be something like :

Partposition X (in Pixel) = Partposition on grid * gridsquare width + additional distance to the first square

Hope this is not too confusing.

StarLite
An Adventure Creator

02 May 2009, 00:36

Hi Zimond, thank you for the reply. I understand now what it means. I just couldn't figure out that one line. Thank you for explaining it to me. This is one of the most difficult puzzle for me in the game. I'm hoping that once I get past that one it will be smooth sailing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Once I get past Prague I should be on my way to 15th century Roanoke. Don't be surprised if you hear from me again soon. Take care :comp:
StarLite Moon's Creators Haven

http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net