Unicode or CJK support?

The board for the generell stuff about the PaC-DK Adventure Creator
popcade
PaC-DK Newby

Unicode or CJK support?

21 Jan 2016, 17:57

Hi,

I've been keeping my eyes on PaC DK for a few years, today I downloaded the newest version, I noticed it supports Japanese now.

As I'm a Chinese user, I really hope it supportthe full range of Chinese or have some kind of Unicode support, that should be able to reach more audiences. I don't know if it's hard to implement it in your developing environment(I use freetype and a Chinese TTF to render CJK in my learning project, but not in Delphi so I don'y know if it's possible to implement).

If you can open the interface translation, I can also have PaC DK translated in both Trad.Chinese and Simp.Chinese.

Zimond
Der Engine Papa

Re: Unicode or CJK support?

22 Jan 2016, 14:51

Hi Popcade.

It's always nice to see users from all around the world. :)

PaC-DK uses single codepages. Japanese is one of them. It is definitly possible to implement CJK but it sure isn't easy and takes a lot of work. Unfortunatly my time is very limited, so that i cannot make any promises. But i will take a look into it.

As for the translation : In PaC-DK 1.x other languages were included but I decided to go only with english (default) and german. The problem is, everytime I add something new i had to get the translations as well and rely on other people doing them.

popcade
PaC-DK Newby

Re: Unicode or CJK support?

22 Jan 2016, 16:16

Hi,

I do understand you provide high quality tools to make adventure games for free os you are unable to give it too much attention, however if you have a little time, you can implement "zh_CN.gbk" as it concludes Simp.Chinese and Trad.Chinese and follow double bytes character standards, which can very effectively add user base.

I did try some other similar tools, including open source ones, but some of them either are not so powerful or no CJK support yet.