Incident At ROANOKE

You have made a game with PaC-DK or you are working on one? Tell us about here!
StarLite
An Adventure Creator

Incident At ROANOKE

13 Dec 2006, 02:36

I was hoping to be the first in here but I was slow. These are a few in game pics from Incident At ROANOKE. This is the story of a young freelance artist and history buff who is being contacted through bad dreams by spirits who steer his destiny to 15th century Roanoke where he meets up with a young girl who he has to save from the Lost Colony. Hope you like the pics, it's nothing special.

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven

http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net

Zimond
Der Engine Papa

13 Dec 2006, 13:56

i was waiting for your first pics :) looks nice

Humus Humanus
An Adventure Creator

13 Dec 2006, 14:36

I would like to see the "Hero" from the front :wink:
An irgendetwas werde ich wohl gerade arbeiten, ja, doch. :D

StarLite
An Adventure Creator

13 Dec 2006, 17:30

Thanks for the replies. Glad the pics were appreciated. I'll put some more up later with the hero standing front. I have this other pic that I want to put up of the inside of the spaceship. I have this cool new character on loan from Adam Thwaite from www.most-digital-creations.com which I would like to display. I've been pretty lucky so far. I was looking for music to use and couldn't find any, then I remembered Lisle Engle from the game Welcome to the Future and he is allowing me to use his music in the game. I'll be glad when it's finally finished and I can start on the next one. But it keeps me busy and off the streets. :)

F-André
PaC-DK Newby

11 Sep 2008, 21:23

i have to say i like those art graphics .. this special type of images (not paint or somethign like that)
or like Zak MacKraken2 (the look is not bad but i like this other style very much)
:)

looks like this fashion graphics

:)

StarLite
An Adventure Creator

11 Sep 2008, 21:54

Hi F-André, thank you for the compliment. Actually the last picture of the livingroom has been changed, it's a totally different room.

I used a floor plan program called Imsi Floorplan3d to do the rooms. I'm no good at drawing so I have to rely on the help of others in the way of Photoshop brushes and Paint Shop Pro Picture Tubes. But it gets the job done. It's not the best game there is, but hopefully someone will enjoy it. Thank you again. :D

StarLite
An Adventure Creator

16 Oct 2008, 16:19

Good day all. I didn't want to start another topic for this pic so I decided to put it here.

I've been getting some excellent ideas and debugging help from bilikasana and I've decided to add a kitchen scene to Roanoke. There is a bowl for the top left shelf and a box of cereal for the counter which are objects in the game, that's why they are absent. Hope some of you enjoy it. If not I don't want to know, I don't take criticism very well. Enjoy

rabuudo
PaC-DK Newby

16 Oct 2008, 22:29

Looks nice! Cant wait for playing it

Zimond
Der Engine Papa

16 Oct 2008, 23:16

you improved your skills a lot since your first rooms :)

StarLite
An Adventure Creator

17 Oct 2008, 01:35

Thanks for the compliments guys, I really appreciate it.

Yes you will probably see a lot of improvements throughout the game. I've also changed a couple of the characters.

It sure has been a great learning experience most of which I enjoyed a lot and other times I was ready to pull my hair out.

I'm grateful for everyone's patience in helping me out. I've got the learning skills of a mouse, although I've seen some mice that do better at mazes than I do.

I'm learning quite a lot from bilikasana about bools and how they work and in what order they go in. So I'm going to give the main character's whole house a make over, script wise. Together, we'll get the game out there some day. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

MarTenG
Tutorial Reader

15 Mar 2010, 22:30

Is there a release date already? I'm realy looking forward to play your game :)
Du tust so als gibt es keinen Konjunktiv.

StarLite
An Adventure Creator

16 Mar 2010, 01:01

Hi MarTenG

I'm working on putting the voices in the engine at the moment. There are a lot of them. One male character alone has 70 lines of dialog. I'm in the process of dubbing them. A stubborn puzzle is giving me headaches that I might have to leave out. As for a release date, sorry can't say anything for sure. I have to send the game to 3 testers and hopefully there won't be any problems with it.

I know it's taking a long time to make this game but it's a big game and I'm working alone, plus life's miseries keep throwing up road blocks on me. If I was good at coding this game would have been made in 6 months. But like I said life and health problems kept getting in the way. Keep your fingers crossed that you'll be playing soon. Thank you for your message. :)