Dinner with an Owl #AdvJam2017

You have made a game with PaC-DK or you are working on one? Tell us about here!
Boring Suburban Dad
Adventure Enthusiast

Dinner with an Owl #AdvJam2017

19 May 2017, 20:53

As some of you may know, the annual “Adventure Jam” is currently running at gamejolt.com
Since I had so much fun taking part in 2016, I did it again this year:

Dinner with an Owl

It’s a creepy yet funny point and click adventure about the eccentric, not unconditionally human host Franz Brown and his involuntary guests.
Help them to leave the sinister mansion!
And brace yourselves for some serious surprises!

If you like the game, I would be very happy about a rating.

Thank you for checking it out! :)

TrickFeed
PaC-DK Newby

Re: Dinner with an Owl #AdvJam2017

28 Jun 2017, 01:59

I read everything in the German topic, but felt the need to write something too. Haha, first of all, I also noticed that you got noticed by a rather big fish. :) Congratulations for that. Seems like you now have a place in the "business", kind of.

I think "creepy yet funny" really describes it very good! In my opionion, your art style sets the first tone. A blend of welcoming and alienating contrasts, combined with a variety of sometimes unexpected characters, masked as everyday-people. Or... animals, that is.

Looking forward for mooore (that coming from someone who works as slow as a snail).
DISKO OUIJA - narrated by Trick Feed.

Serving you:
obscure Videogame-Experiments
haunted Music- & Sound-Design
disturbing Short-Movies
and all kinds of odd Artwork

Visit us on Gamejolt, Twitter, itch.io and/or Tumblr, if you like.

Boring Suburban Dad
Adventure Enthusiast

29 Jun 2017, 19:07

Thank you for popping by!

I'm glad the atmosphere worked out for you.
One thing about the "business", though. I know you meant it as a joke, but: I'm sooo glad to have a decent job which has absolutely nothing to do with making games. Because as a hobby I LOVE it. But as work? It would make me crazy. I like to be a boring suburban dad :wink:

As you know, I adore your surreal/creepy stuff. And even a snail will eventually reach it's destination: So I'm hoping for you to release something soon!
Or "is a small kind favour too much to ask"? :mrgreen:

TrickFeed
PaC-DK Newby

01 Jul 2017, 20:59

Haha, agreed, I guess as a full-time job, we would kind of lose the "magic" behind making games. Though I do work in the creative department, part-time (and, well, my other job is actually "boring suburban" too :lol: - but hey, from anywhere the money for hobbies must flow at all, huh?)

Do you work on another project right now?

I guess I am that slow with my games because I have many other creative road works along the way with my little "label", often I can't decide what to do next... graphics, sound-design, movie-work... so much to do, so less time!! And saddest of all, along the struggle I lost a little interest in my new "gaming" project because it is a re-construction of someone elses dream that person told me (back then I loved the idea), but I will finish it (it is about 80%), and then tackle a game which comes from an own shore again (:
DISKO OUIJA - narrated by Trick Feed.

Serving you:
obscure Videogame-Experiments
haunted Music- & Sound-Design
disturbing Short-Movies
and all kinds of odd Artwork

Visit us on Gamejolt, Twitter, itch.io and/or Tumblr, if you like.

StarLite
An Adventure Creator

09 Jul 2017, 23:11

I love your artwork, excellent job. I didn't get a chance to play much of the game, sorry, but from what I've seen of it it looks great. Well done :banana:
StarLite Moon's Creators Haven

http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net