It's Finally Finished

You have made a game with PaC-DK or you are working on one? Tell us about here!
StarLite
An Adventure Creator

It's Finally Finished

07 Apr 2010, 17:47

Good day fellow creators

Well it's finally done. Roanoke is finished. The beta testers are testing it and once they give the ok, it will be released.

I would like to express my gratitude to everyone for their help over the years. I'm sorry for being such a pain in the neck.

Unfortunately I had to leave out the torn note puzzle, even with Schiman and Lachi's help I still couldn't figure it out. I am grateful for them trying though.

There are a couple of flaws in the game that I can't fix like people walking where they shouldn't, but it's not a big deal.

Thank you everyone for your support, encouragement and your patience and also for lifting my spirits when I felt like giving up. I will let everyone know when the game is ready to be downloaded. Take care everyone you have all been terrific and patient, and I am forever grateful :banana:
StarLite Moon's Creators Haven

http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net

Schiman
PaC-DK God

07 Apr 2010, 18:58

Nice... You were working on this project since I know the PaC-DK^^. I'm quite interested in your game, cause you developed it for such a long time. But the most important thing is, that you should have had fun creating the game, because you do it in your freetime. I hope you had^^.

StarLite
An Adventure Creator

07 Apr 2010, 19:09

Hi Schiman,

As a friend of mine once said, "making games is a love/hate relationship." And believe me it's been both that for me. It was fun when everything went smooth and worked out but the moment things screwed up it was pulling out my hair time. I'm not gifted in the way of patience, so when things don't go right it's pick up the gun time and put it to my head.

I'm glad it's finished. Please don't expect it to be a great game. It's not as good as your games or everyone else's here, but maybe someone will enjoy it. I still have a lot left to learn yet, which I'm going to do after I finish writing all my other games. I'll keep in touch, take care for now :)

Zimond
Der Engine Papa

07 Apr 2010, 22:13

I just remember now that i forgot to reply to one of your private messages. I am deeply sorry, in the last weeks i haven't done much for the pacdk board and my own game :( i hope you could solve your problem after all.

Its very nice to see you finished your game :)

"making games is a love/hate relationship."

oh yes it is :oster:

Baelavay
PaC-DK God

07 Apr 2010, 23:17

Congratulation! I'm very curious about it :)

StarLite
An Adventure Creator

08 Apr 2010, 01:23

Hi Zimond, was worried about you. I've noticed you haven't been around much, I hope things are alright.

I left out the torn note puzzle, I couldn't figure it out. My bad. It's been quite the learning experience that's for sure. It's not the best game out there but I hope everyone will get a good laugh from it. One of the testers finished the game today and found some more bugs to correct. Thankfully they're minor. I'm waiting to hear from two other testers and hopefully they won't find too much wrong. As soon as they give me the ok it's out there. I'm hoping to release it this week.

Thank you all once again for putting up with me and your support. I'm going to do a bit of writing, then some learning and then on to my next project Terror Within Hawk Manor. Here is a rough draft of that pic. Enjoy :banana:

Rayachelle
PaC-DK Newby

09 Apr 2010, 17:56

Hi,
I'm really curious about your game. Look's fun!

StarLite
An Adventure Creator

15 Apr 2010, 04:46

Hi Rayachelle, hopefully you'll be playing the game soon.

What a nightmare it's been. Problem after problem that were fixable. Three of the testers are finished and found a total of about 50 bugs. Still waiting on one more tester.

Three of the testers liked the game especially the music. It's not perfect but it's the best I can do. Tomorrow I'm going to play the game through myself and if I don't have any problems then I'm going to release it as soon as I finish playing it. So keep your fingers crossed for me. Take care everyone. Will keep you posted :comp: