My name is Pauli Suuraho and I come from Finland. I am a great fan of adventure games and spare-time software developer.
I would like to tell you about my current project, called Dage, which stands for Dog Adventure Game Engine.
Dage is still in development, but the goal is to make free standalone engine for creating full scripted 3d animated graphical adventure games. Let these screenshots explain the rest:
Got your attention?
Check also the video from youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vwqGnne-1k
Download the latest alpha from here (around 1.4M)
I have no meaning to create full game with Dage, well not yet. I want to create relatively easy-to-use game engine. See data/scripts folder for how the game logic works.
- 3D OpenGL render engine supporting hardware acceleration
- Powerful scripting with Lua
- Character animations
- Characters can walk around and say things
- Collision detection
- Dynamic shadow casting
- Support for 3DS with lightmapping
- Texture support: BMP, JPG, TGA, PNG
- Room model support: 3DS
- Animation model: SMD (half life)
- GUI creation
- Picking up objects
- Keyframe animations with easy editor
- GLSL Shader Language support
See Dage Documentation for scripting information.
Note Dage is not yet finished, but actively developed and features will be improved in the future.
Developer of Dage