Gamer Converter Vanaduris (english subtitled)

You have made a game with PaC-DK or you are working on one? Tell us about here!
Baelavay
PaC-DK God

Gamer Converter Vanaduris (english subtitled)

29 Apr 2008, 09:43

Project presentation

Roleplay-Adventure

The conflict in the plot is mainly about the Six-leaf-pact, which the six imperial towns of Vanaduris embrace, saving the equation in nature together. Lord Skador, who once wanted to participate in the pact as ruler of a seventh imperial town, was not allowed to due to his aggressive eagerness for power and drew back to his stronghold on Cratemal, in the middle of the six imperial towns which are directed around in the shape of a geographical hexagon. Recruiting more and more outcasts, a huge volcano developed around his stronghold, now located in the middle of the simmering caldron. The public doesn't know anything from the evil things Skador is planning there. Skador aims at segregating the six imperial towns among each other and making them economically dependent on him, all by influencing the plate tectonics (splitting the country in parts). In order to preserve the neccessary generator's warmth, he robs the energy-releasing vanadium cristals which are provided by plant roots in Vanaduris. But the magicians use them diligently as energy source for their spells, and so, the imperial towns would already have taken measures against the evil lord, if not the unrightful king of Vanaduris would belong to his myrmidons.

Shortly before the game setup of "Gamer Converter" was finished, Clive Drakeford himself has been converted as a roleplay character into the game world Vanaduris. Rosmanera finds him, leads him to the tree town of the Seduvres and from there on, he sets off as a new member of the Six-leaf-pact, rescuing the abducted residents of the desert town Veternich. Later he gets to know the main character Makenzo and the party discovers a secret inside the volcano.

"Gamer Converter Vanaduris" is a genre mixture of fantasy adventure, roleplay and science fiction, in short a Point&Click adventure of remarkable form.

Usual Point&Click control: The focused character is moved by clicking on free plain. Possible interactions with the environment can be recognized by a changed cursor. In this case, a command menu can be accessed via right mouseclick. This menu contains commands that can be selected to make the character performing the action. The HUD interface includes data management, savegames, main menu, global game settings, the hint button, player and character statistics and the pentamerous inventory.

Within the linear plot and beside the typical challenges like combination quests or seek games, also various options how to behave, act and move can be found. The following episode develops depending on the decision that has been made.

The reward for successfully unravelling mysteries, completing assignments, discovering hidden secrets or just making correct decisions is not only continuation of the story, entertainment or character skills, but an adequate amount of GC points too. These points are to be collected during the whole game, the maximum in the end is 999. Some of the points can be used by the player and are shown in the HUD. So the point system is divided into the total score and those points of the total amount that are still available for using them as another currency or to increase character attributes.

The death of the player during a battle or after wrong decisions is not excluded because of typical roleplay details like health points.
Over the game progress, it's consistently possible to possess attributes and to increase them, or to learn special skills that benefit the future plot or influence other characters. Bad acting can decrease those values though.

The menu gives the player access to the hint button that helps solving quests. But from player level 2 on, a certain amount of points is required each time.

For further information visit http://www.baelavay.com

Version 0.1 completed

- 13 accessible maps
- Voice output: German
- Subtitles: German and english

Download: http://www.baelavay.com/GCV.exe
Last edited by Baelavay on 12 Sep 2008, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.

StarLite
An Adventure Creator

29 Apr 2008, 16:47

Wow, Baelavay, this game looks so cool. I love your graphics. I'm downloading right now. I'll check it out later. Looks great though. :banana:
StarLite Moon's Creators Haven

http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net

bilikasana
Tutorial Reader

30 Apr 2008, 06:32

Wow! Full on! This looks awesome. Can't wait to download and play it.
My internet is down at home at the mo, :cry: only at work, but will try it when I am soon back online.
Congrats on getting this out. Looks fantastic Baelavay!

EDIT: I've downloaded and begun playing. I am really quite blown away. :mrgreen: You have obviously put so much work into this game - it shows. The graphics alone are really really impressive, and I am in awe with what you have done with the programming side of things. You've certainly allowed me to see even more beauty in this game engine. Lots of really nice touches - I especially like the way the game starts with the alarm clock. :) The scoring system is really addictive and has a great feeling of rewarding you for even the smallest things you do.

I got a bit stuck though - and since my computer's processor is a bit old, the game froze up on me in the outside scene (big landscape / weather effect) That was a bit upsetting. Will obviously keep playing., and comment more further on.
Wow.

StarLite
An Adventure Creator

30 Apr 2008, 16:35

I've played this game too, excellent work all around. A couple of times the screen went black not sure if that was supposed to happen but I had some problems on my machine so that could have caused it. You did a great job on this game. Well done.

Just one thing. Please tell me I don't have to abuse the dog to get him away from the door.

I like this game so far. Looking forward to your next assignment. :banana:

Baelavay
PaC-DK God

30 Apr 2008, 19:00

I'm glad to hear that you like it. Thanks. :)
StarLite wrote:Just one thing. Please tell me I don't have to abuse the dog to get him away from the door.
The dog won't let you pass before you've completed at least 2 of the things to do in the bathroom.

StarLite
An Adventure Creator

03 May 2008, 20:20

Hey Baelavay, well I finally got by the dog, I like the sound the dog makes, and I found the two sailors and spoke with them. Haven't gotten a chance to play it again.

Since there isn't a disclaimer I'm guessing there's no gruesome parts to worry about. If you like I can host it on my site for you. You don't have to join if you don't want to, if you give me permission I'll zip it up and put it on for you and post a link to your site.

I really like this game. I like the graphics. Your character moves around so easy. Excellent work. :banana:

StarLite
An Adventure Creator

03 Sep 2008, 05:50

Hi Baelavay,

I was just checking out your video on YouTube.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=8-0vsOyWP94

Wow, excellent work, terrific talent you have there. Good luck with your next project

bilikasana
Tutorial Reader

04 Sep 2008, 11:40

Yeah - WOW. That's great! Really impressive.
I would love to pick your brains on how you did that...

F-André
PaC-DK Newby

11 Sep 2008, 21:10

oh muss ic hma saugen :)
hehe ist das normal das der oben auf dem bild 2 ellenbögen hat;)?? *g*
das mädel erinnert mich an Evil Lin aus He-Man :)

ich mag schon jetzt die grafik.. (da gabs ma the The Uncertainty Machine) coole atmisphäre mit schöner musik :) die grafik is schonma wie bei dem..:)
ich werde dir bericht geben wenn ichs morgen teste
Grüsse

Zimond
Der Engine Papa

12 Sep 2008, 16:46

this is the english forum. There is also a german thread for this game!

Baelavay
PaC-DK God

12 Sep 2008, 16:46

F-André wrote:hehe ist das normal das der oben auf dem bild 2 ellenbögen hat;)?? *g*
That's correct, Makenzo is an axe fighter with four arms.

It's hilarious that anything you create is compared with other things already existing. But that's the problem of our age, that hardly anything new can be invented. The girl (Rosmanera) is an individual of an own race though.

I'm looking forward to your test result (maybe you want to post it in my german thread: http://board.adventure-creator.com/view ... hp?t=10082 ).

F-André
PaC-DK Newby

24 Sep 2008, 17:02

hi i found a little bug....
Spoiler!!!!!!

in the computer shop when u talk to the person in the video game shop u always get a copy of vanaduris (even if u covered the first on into the plastic bag)...

StarLite
An Adventure Creator

24 Sep 2008, 17:18

Hmm, I'm going to have to replay this game. I thought I was finished, now I see there's more, great. I hadn't been to the video store. I made it to the bus stop and then all of a sudden it looked like I dropped through the sky and I was back in the guy's bedroom. Did I miss something? I still have it on my system so I'll go back and play it again. It's an excellent game, I like it. Great job, Baelavay

Baelavay
PaC-DK God

24 Sep 2008, 18:13

At first I thought "Oh damn, no, a bug", but basically I am now glad that you found it, André! :) Thanks, I had a look at the script and I can fix it quickly with a small "break()". So in the next version, it will definitely be solved.

StarLite, you're right, the Bus is not yet the end of version 0.1. I hope you will enjoy playing the rest until Clive sends himself into Vanaduris...

StarLite
An Adventure Creator

24 Sep 2008, 22:11

Hey Baelavay, I will most definitely finish playing the game, I just wasn't sure what was happening and I was sort of afraid to ask. I've told the people over at Mystery Manor about your game and recommended it for download. When I finish it I'll post a review up on my site. Looking forward to more episodes, keep up the good work. :banana:

Rayachelle
PaC-DK Newby

10 Apr 2010, 00:55

Hi Baelavay,

when do you continue your game, because I would like to play the next episode.

edit:
I just saw your Info, spring 2010, so it goes on, right?

Baelavay
PaC-DK God

10 Apr 2010, 12:46

Yes, pretty soon. It's going to be awesome.