wondering if grid-like movement is possible?

The board for the generell stuff about the PaC-DK Adventure Creator
theswitch
PaC-DK Newby

wondering if grid-like movement is possible?

24 May 2009, 05:07

is it possible to have a grid based movement in a game, like perhaps a topdown game but the character moves in a grid-like way, each "step" locks to the grid, like a turn based game etc (does not need to be turnbased though)

I am just asking if anyone would know of some different ways to do this in pacdk if this is at all possible in the first place, I have been away from the pacdk scene for awhile and have fuzzy memory of things in the application (plus I havent reviewd all the updates since I last used it)

thank you for any help you can give me, sorry if this seems like an ignorent question to the capabilitys of the pacdk system

Schiman
PaC-DK God

24 May 2009, 13:53

Well... every character movement in pacdk is grip-based. Maybe you still know something about the "walkmap". This is nothing but a grip with a certain resolution.

With the command "stepto" you are able to move your character one grid to a certain direction.

I don't know exactly what you want to do, but I think you want to have something like in Final Fantasy Tactics? A turn based and grip based gameplay?
No doubt.. this is possible (with a lot of work ;))

shezi
PaC-DK Newby

Re: wondering if grid-like movement is possible?

15 Jan 2013, 12:23

I like this forum, amazing and very informative,
:banana: :P
usman

Return to “About the Point & Click DK Editor”